2010年4月12日 星期一

Doctors Use Wii Games for Rehab Therapy

Except the diet of food, I suggest people who want to lose weight should have more exercises to burn the extra calories. Averagely, the figure as I was-183 centimeters tall, 105 weight-needs 2000 calories input a day. I can not do many activities as normal people do; therefore, my parents bought the exercising equipments as the therapists have offered to help me exercise at home. I love to play Wii-occupational therapy when I was in the hospital and back home. Playing and rehabilitating at the same time; moreover, Wii helps me lose weight, too.
Therefore, I would like to introduce you an article “Doctors Use Wii Games for Rehab Therapy” By Lindsey Tanner, from The Associated Press, February 9, 2008.
http://conversation.cgu.edu/ebhc/files/519/2880/WiiTherapy.pdf

Here is the summary of the article:
"Wii habilitation."- Nintendo's Wii video game system becomes popular. It is not only the teen TV games but also becomes a trend in rehab therapy for patients recovering from strokes, broken bones, surgery and even combat injuries.
The traditional physical therapy: stretching and lifting exercises-painful, repetitive and boring-but they help the sick or injured regain their strength, and they have to do them. To tell the truth, many patients think PT (physical therapy) really is a “pain and torture”, said James Osborn who works at Herrin Hospital Illinois.

沒有留言:

張貼留言